Important Points to Keep in Mind for Disaster Preparedness
It is important for each and every person, nonetheless the present situation that they are facing right now must be well-versed about disaster preparedness. Be sure that you don’t think that a disaster whether it is natural or manmade is not able to harm you. We are all prone to experiencing the effects of disasters. It is important that you know a lot of disaster preparedness tips in order to assist you to survive to any disaster situations. Now, in the compass of this article, we can’t talk about all of the disaster preparedness tips one by one. There are just a lot of tips, on the other hand, we will tackle a couple of them just the important ones.
1. First of all, the most important tip is to make certain that you and your family has already planned a communication scheme like family disaster plan. This can be put together in a couple of methods, on the other hand, one of the most essential is to make certain that there is at least one family member or a friend who is living far away and is able to contact all of you in the event that you lose communication with each other.
2. Be certain that you know all of the ways for emergency evacuation as they pertain to your community as well as workplace.
3. Be certain that you are knowledgeable as to how to turn off all of the utilities such as electricity, water and especially gas.
4. Make sure to have an emergency survival package or kit in place for each and every member of your family that has at least adequate supplies such as water, food, medications, clothing, blankets and so on that could last to at least 3 days.
5. In addition, make sure that you have a cash on hand because there is a pretty high chance that the ATM will not be working in case that a couple of stores are open.
6. And this one should be a complete must. Make sure that you spend some of your time to join trainings about CPR techniques and first aids. And it is definitely worth it to allot some of your time to know how to save your life or even the life of another individual.
7. Make certain that you have set a reunion area or a meeting area designated for the members of your household or family to gather at.
8. Make sure that you know and understand that there are certain kinds of disasters that are more disposed to take place in particular locations and areas. For this reason, find out what is most likely to occur in your area.
Another Source: go to the website